General Questions

  • How do I apply for public housing?
    You are able to apply for public housing on the website by completing an application form from the Programs and Applications page.  If you need further assistance, you can call 218.299.5458.
  • Where are the apartment homes located?
    River View Heights Apartments located at 800 2nd Ave N and Sharp View is located at 920 5th Ave S in Moorhead. Both locations have a preference for people with disabilities and Sharp View is designated for people age 62+. MPHA also operates 12 duplex units (3 bedroom) 15 scattered site homes (3 and 4 bedrooms), and 37 townhome units (2, 3 and 4 bedroom units). All are located within the City of Moorhead.
  • How much do I pay for rent?
    Your rent is based on 30% of your gross adjusted income.  The Moorhead PHA staff will determine your exact rent amount.
  • Where do I pay my rent?
    You can pay your rent at the MPHA office.  The drop box is located in the front entry of the River View Heights office.  There is also a drop box on the main floor in the Sharp View apartments.
  • What do I do if I need something fixed in my apartment?
    You can call 218.299.5458 during working hours or 701.799.8791 after working hours. The after hour line is only for emergency maintenance situations.
  • What do I do if my income changes?
    If you reside in public housing and have a change in income, you must report it to the MPHA within 10 days.