City of Moorhead Cleanup Days
One of Moorhead’s favorite times of the year is almost here…Cleanup Days. During the weeks of May 1-5 and May 8-12 (Oakport neighborhood is May 16), furniture, household goods, and appliances will be collected at single-family residence curbs on scheduled garbage days beginning at 5 am at no additional cost.
- Your Cleanup Day will be your garbage day, OPPOSITE your recycling week.
- If you are on A Week Recycling (red), your Cleanup Day will be on your garbage day the week of May 1-5.
- If you are on B Week Recycling (blue), your Cleanup Day will be on your garbage day the week of May 8-12.
- Exception: Oakport will be May 16, same as recycling day.
- Find your Cleanup Day with the address lookup below.
Find Your Cleanup Day
Apartments are not eligible for curbside pickup. Residents may bring excess garbage to the Resource Recovery Center at the times noted below, free of charge with proof of residency.
Cleanup Days require a huge amount of effort, coordination, and cooperation. Please follow these guidelines:
- Tires will NOT be collected at the curb. Homeowners will need to dispose of them at retail tire stores or the Resource Recovery Center for a fee: $4 for passenger tires; $13.75 for truck tires.
- Sort appliances, furniture, household garbage, metal, etc. into piles; different trucks collect specific items.
- Use disposable containers such as cardboard boxes (no loose garbage please).
- Do not set items out more than one day earlier than your Cleanup Day.
- During Cleanup Days, crews will not return to pick up garbage set out after your garbage day.
- Two appliances per household will be picked up free of charge. Remove refrigerator and freezer doors for children's safety.
- Do not place food or waste inside appliances.
- No commercial waste will be accepted.
- Keep garbage totes at least 4 feet away from Cleanup Days items.
- Empty propane tanks will also be collected (valves do not need to be removed).
If you would like to get a jump on spring cleanup, bring furniture, household goods, and excess garbage to the Resource Recovery Center (3322 15 Ave N) from April 24-May 12 from 8 am-4 pm, free of charge. (This also applies to apartments.) Fees will apply for demolition/construction materials; proof of Moorhead residency required (i.e. driver’s license).
Crews will not collect the following items curbside (disposal info below):
Take items to:
- Clay Demolition Debris Landfill, 6 miles west of Hawley and ¼ mile north of Highway 10; 701.642.3207
- Resource Recovery Center, Monday-Friday, 8 am-4 pm; first and third Saturday of each month, 8-11:30 am; 3322 15 Ave N, Moorhead; 218.299.5016. Enter the 15 Ave N entrance.
- computer monitors
- computer peripherals
- fluorescent bulbs
- cell phones
- rechargeable batteries
- automotive fluids
Take items to:
- Resource Recovery Center, Monday-Friday, 8 am-4 pm; first and third Saturday of each month, 8-11:30 am; 3322 15 Ave N, Moorhead, MN; 218.299.5016. Enter through the 15 Ave N entrance.